Job Opportunity! Junior Architectural Designer (level I)
Junior Architectural Designer (level I)
3 to 6 years of experience
Job type: Full Time
Location: Culver City, CA 90230
OFFICEUNTITLED is a young, energetic architecture and design firm focused on creative solutions across multiple scales and typologies, including commercial, hospitality, residential, and mixed-use. Established in 2013 as R&A and rebranded in 2019 as OFFICEUNTITLED, the practice leverages the award-winning design and project leadership of its four principals and a broad portfolio of experience in transformative architecture and interiors projects. OFFICEUNTITLED sees the value in every project as an opportunity for transformation and impact.
Qualified candidates must be passionate about design excellence and have a minimum of 3 years of prior architectural experience and an NAAB accredited, or equivalent, degree. Candidate’s portfolio will clearly show a strong creative design approach to early work or class assignments, and the ability to explore their own ideas.
This position fits a person who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, who values creativity and exploration and is passionate about project delivery and utmost quality. A Junior Architectural Designer’s responsibilities include:
• Independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all aspects of architectural design.
• Revising existing drawings & preparing construction documents from sketches or CAD backgrounds
• Work with Designers & Architects to detail, update and print drawing sets
• Draft plans, sections, elevations & details
• Plot and assemble required documents
• Demonstrate working knowledge of REVIT drawings and programs as related to modeling/work sets, plotting/production, Family creation/editing & 3D coordination of building models
• Collaborate with Sr. Designer’s on conceptual design development
• Produce conceptual renderings for project and presentation purposes
• Provide innovative design solutions for complex design issues
• Create graphic presentations, 3D renderings and construction drawings
• Manage data input in schedules
Qualified candidates should possess the following characteristics and skills.
• Curious and Creative
• Innovative and Explorative
• Critical and Exacting
• Self-driven and Willing (can-do)
• Generous Spirit
• Exhibits grace under pressure
• Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment; setting an example for others.
• Strong attention to detail
• Fluent in English, spoken and written (2nd language is an asset)
• Strong conceptual and design skills
• Requirement: Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Rhino, V-Ray, Office Suite
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget your time
• Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
• A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
• Great interpersonal communication skills
Experience and Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of relevant design experience in Architecture/Design industry
• Ability to read and comprehend architectural drawings
• 3+ years of REVIT and/or AutoCAD specific experience
• Strong 3D visualization skills including Rhino/3D Max/V-ray/SketchUp
• Experience drawing scales as it pertains to text, dimensions, viewports
• Experience working within the architectural design process
• Solid understanding of team members’ roles, responsibilities, perspectives, and information needs
OFFICEUNTITLED is an equal opportunity employer
• Competitive compensation package
• Health Insurance, dental and vision plans.
• Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
Please email your resume, sample portfolio (under 6mb), and cover letter to work@OFFICEUNTITLED.com