Job Opportunity! Intermediate Architectural Designer / Job Captain
Intermediate Architectural Designer / Job Captain
Job type: Full Time
Location: Culver City, CA 90230
OFFICEUNTITLED is a young, energetic architecture and design firm focused on creative solutions across multiple scales and typologies, including commercial, hospitality, residential, and mixed-use. Established in 2013 as R&A and rebranded in 2019 as OFFICEUNTITLED, the practice leverages the award-winning design and project leadership of its four principals and a broad portfolio of experience in transformative architecture and interiors projects. OFFICEUNTITLED sees the value in every project as an opportunity for transformation and impact.
Qualified candidates must be passionate about design excellence and have prior architectural experience and an NAAB accredited, or equivalent, degree. Experience will clearly show a strong creative design portfolio, which is essential, along with strong project delivery experience. Candidates must demonstrate past experience with innovative materials along with strong technical knowledge of complex building systems and materials often found in creative and hospitality centric projects.
This position is best suited for a person who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, who values creativity and exploration, and is passionate about project delivery and utmost quality.
OU is passionate about the design and building of healthy, resilient, and inclusive places. We seek team members driven by ambition and idealism, pragmatic and realistic, active listeners, and team players. Ideal candidates should be open to learning and sharing new knowledge and committed to working with diverse teams and clients while possessing a professional attitude with a sense of humor.
Intermediate Architectural Designer / Job Captain’s responsibilities include:
• Effective and engaging collaboration with Principals, senior staff, junior staff, consultants, and others to develop & complete the full range of technical documents and services required for projects in an award-winning design-culture environment.
• Oversee project document production to accurately represent the project to the client, approving agency, and contractor in sufficient detail to facilitate construction of the project.
• Possess the ability to create complete drawing sets in Revit with minimal instruction while being accurate and timely.
• Coordinate the work of outside consultants as required to prepare accurate and complete contract drawings, documents, and specifications required to obtain building permits.
• Represent OFFICEUNTITLED to all outside individuals, agencies and others with the highest level of professionalism.
• Perform all Construction Administration tasks including answering RFI’s, reviewing submittals, and coordinating responses with consultants.
Qualified candidates should possess the following characteristics and skills.
• Curious and Creative
• Innovative and Explorative
• Critical and Exacting
• Self-driven and Willing (can-do)
• Generous Spirit
• Exhibits grace under pressure
• Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment; setting an example for others.
• Strong attention to detail
• Fluent in English, spoken and written (2nd language is an asset)
• Strong conceptual and design skills
• Client and consultant management skills
• Technical detailing & construction administration
• Requirement: Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, MS Office with prior experience with: Enscape, V-ray a plus
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget your time
• Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
• A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
• Great interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrates detailed knowledge of code compliance, building standards, policies and procedures and can direct others in the use of those resources
Experience and Qualifications:
• Professional degree in Architecture
• Minimum 5-10 years of strong construction document skills and experience, preferably with Type III and Type V over podium, with CA experience.
• Experience working with a leading American or International architecture office including concept design, construction documents and construction administration
• Licensed and/or LEED AP are assets
• Holds all legal permits and visas required to work in USA
OFFICEUNTITLED is an equal opportunity employer
• Competitive compensation package
• Health Insurance, dental and vision plans.
• Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
Please email your resume, sample portfolio (under 6mb), and cover letter to work@OFFICEUNTITLED.com