Job Opportunity! Intermediate Interior Architectural Designer
Intermediate Interior Architectural Designer
Job type: Full Time
Location: Culver City, CA 90230
Qualified candidates must be passionate about design excellence and have prior architectural experience and an NAAB accredited, or equivalent, degree. Experience will clearly show a strong creative design portfolio, which is essential, along with proven project delivery experience. Candidates must demonstrate past experience with innovative materials along with strong technical knowledge of complex building systems and materials often found in creative and hospitality centric projects.
This position fits a person who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, who values creativity and exploration and is passionate about project delivery and utmost quality. Interior Architectural Designer Responsibilities include:
• Assist the Principal-in-Charge or Design Director through all design phases, from conceptual presentations and schematic design, to design development and production of construction documents.
• Participate in sourcing architectural and interior finishes, FF&E items, and other specifications.
• Review and help coordinate consultant disciplines such as structural, mechanical, plumbing and acoustical engineers to ensure an integrated approach and coordinate project requirements
• Evaluate and implement code, accessibility and programming analysis information.
• Be involved with coordinating contractors, consultants and vendor assignments
• Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and/or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required
Qualified candidates should possess the following characteristics and skills.
• Curious and Creative
• Innovative and Explorative
• Critical and Exacting
• Self-driven and Willing (can-do)
• Generous Spirit
• Exhibits grace under pressure
• Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment; setting an example for others.
• Fluent in English, spoken and written (2nd language is an asset)
• Strong conceptual and design skills
• Client and consultant management skills
• Technical detailing & construction administration
• Requirement: Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Rhino, V-Ray, Office Suite
• Ability to facilitate programming efforts, space plan, draft, and put together design presentations as well as construction documents.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget your time
• Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
• A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
• Great interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrates detailed knowledge of code compliance, building standards, policies and procedures and can direct others in the use of those resources
Experience and Qualifications:
• Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture
• Knowledge and understanding of furniture specification and procurement with creative office and/or hospitality projects preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an Architect/Designer on built and published work
• Experience working with a leading American or International architecture office including concept design, construction documents and construction administration
• Licensed and/or LEED AP are assets
• Holds all legal permits and visas required to work in USA
OFFICEUNTITLED is an equal opportunity employer
• Competitive compensation package
• Health Insurance, dental and vision plans.
• Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
Please email your resume, sample portfolio (under 6mb), and cover letter to email@example.com